Quotes
It is always easier to believe than to deny. Our minds are naturally affirmative.
- John Burroughs
"A truly great book should be read in youth, again in maturity and once more in old age, as a fine building should be seen by morning light, at noon and by moonlight. "
- Robertson Davies
Truly great madness cannot be achieved without significant intelligence.
- Henrik Tikkanen
Few people are capable of expressing with equanimity opinions which differ from the prejudices of their social environment. Most people are even incapable of forming such opinions.
- Albert Einstein
"Ninety-eight percent of the adults in this country are decent, hard-working, honest Americans. It's the other lousy two percent that get all the publicity. But then--we elected them."
- Lily Tomlin
In a few minutes a computer can make a mistake so great that it would have taken many men many months to equal it.
- Unknown
When I am abroad, I always make it a rule never to criticize or attack the government of my own country. I make up for lost time when I come home.
- Sir Winston Churchill
A sense of humor is part of the art of leadership, of getting along with people, of getting things done.
- Dwight D. Eisenhower
I never vote for anyone; I always vote against.
- WC Fields
Don't ever take a fence down until you know the reason it was put up.
- GK Chesterton
- John Burroughs
"A truly great book should be read in youth, again in maturity and once more in old age, as a fine building should be seen by morning light, at noon and by moonlight. "
- Robertson Davies
Truly great madness cannot be achieved without significant intelligence.
- Henrik Tikkanen
Few people are capable of expressing with equanimity opinions which differ from the prejudices of their social environment. Most people are even incapable of forming such opinions.
- Albert Einstein
"Ninety-eight percent of the adults in this country are decent, hard-working, honest Americans. It's the other lousy two percent that get all the publicity. But then--we elected them."
- Lily Tomlin
In a few minutes a computer can make a mistake so great that it would have taken many men many months to equal it.
- Unknown
When I am abroad, I always make it a rule never to criticize or attack the government of my own country. I make up for lost time when I come home.
- Sir Winston Churchill
A sense of humor is part of the art of leadership, of getting along with people, of getting things done.
- Dwight D. Eisenhower
I never vote for anyone; I always vote against.
- WC Fields
Don't ever take a fence down until you know the reason it was put up.
- GK Chesterton

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home